- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (from a can)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine (or sherry)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and oyster sauce and set aside.
- heat oil in large frying pan or wok. Add onion for 1 minute then add chicken. Saute for 3 minutes - add garlic - saute - add mushrooms, peas, water chestnuts and mix together well - add chicken stock and let cook for approx 4 minutes.
- Add sauce previously combined and stir gogether to coat all vegetables.
- mix corn starch and water to a medium paste - make an opening in the centre of the pan and begin mixing the cornstarch (thickener) into the sauce. Keep stirring until thicker and everything is coated.
- Serve on a bed of rice vermicelli or heated sprouts for a low carb meal. On rice for non low carbers.