Recipe by Bec
From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN. Preparation time includes time to marinate.
- 2 -3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 12 mushrooms, sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 12 water chestnuts, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped scallions (1 small bunch)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into narrow strips; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour in a medium bowl with the next 4 ingredients.
- Heat first tablespoon of vegetable oil in wok over medium-high heat.
- Saute mushrooms, celery, water chestnuts, and snow peas for 2 minutes; remove from wok.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to wok and heat.
- Saute scallions and chicken strips for 1 minute over high heat, turning constantly.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce or tamari and sugar; pour into wok.
- Add vegetable mix to wok and heat for 1 minute- Serve hot.