Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
An old "Cooking for the Clueless" scout camping recipe. WW friendly - 4 pts per fajita.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- Take oil, lime juice, cumin and cayenne and mix together in a glass bowl. Put chicken in bowl and let it marinade for 1-2 hours.
- In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of water until very hot. Add chicken with marinade and stir-fry over high heat until chicken is white throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of water to wok and heat until very hot. Add peppers, onion, garlic; stir-fry until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to wok and season with pepper. Toss until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
Very good! We really enjoyed this. I wasn't aware that adding just some water would make a great stir fry technique. This is awesome. I didn't have yellow pepper so just threw in some sliced jalapeno's for extra heat. Worked great. Thanks for posting.:)