1/4 Photos of Stir Fry Chicken and Broccoli With Peanuts
A healthy stir fry from Diabetic cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1Combine half of chicken broth with soy sauce, cornstarch, salt, ginger and garlic powder in small container.
- 2Stir until smooth, set aside.
- 3Lightly coat non stick frypan with veggie spray.
- 4Heat frypan on high heat until hot.
- 5Add oil, tilt frypan to coat bottom.
- 6Add chicken; stir fry 2 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 7Remove chicken.
- 8Add remaining broth to frypan, bring to boil.
- 9Add broccoli and bell pepper, return to boil.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer, covered 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- 11Increase heat to high.
- 12Add chicken to frypan.
- 13Stir sauce and add to frypan, bring to boil.
- 14Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thick.
- 15Stir in peanuts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fry Chicken and Broccoli With Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 672.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth