Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A very quick Asian style way of preparing cabbage
- 1⁄2 small cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the central core from the cabbage and shred the leaves finely.
- Heat the oil until quite hot in a wok and then stirfry the cabbage for about 2 minutes.
- Toss in the soy sauce, lemon juice, caraway seeds and pepper to taste.
I needed a side dish to serve with "Recipe #144747" and this dish caught me by surprise, as it was a meal in it's self. Used everything listed, didn't add anything extra. Wonderful aroma and flavours. Thank you Missy Wombat.
This was very good but I felt it needed something so added a little onion and carrots, we loved the caraway flavour. Thanks for sharing a good one, we will probably make it again, it's so easy and quick.
This is a really nice way to prepare cabbage... I used olive oil since that's what I have, and probably used less than 2 tablespoons, but other than that followed the recipe. It's quite good and quick and easy to make.