Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a wok my mom gave me. Just had to try it. Very good!!!
Make and share this Stir-Fry Beef With String/Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb flank steaks or 3⁄4 lb london broil beef, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh string bean, cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled & minced fine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, and
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Marinate beef in cornstarch, sherry& soy sauce about 1/2 hour.
- Cook beans in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Brown garlic& ginger.
- Add beef.
- Stir fry until color changes.
- Add beans & sugar.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add dissolved corn starch mixture.
- Stir fry till thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Serves 4-6.
Used my bumper crop of green beans to make this. Used sirloin steak and it ended up with a good tender consistency as well as a good flavor. Good recipe- thanks for sharing! Liked it a lot.
lovely stir fry, lots of flavour and we loved the veggies crunchy. very easy to put together, I used yellow wax beans and added some zucchini and carrots I wanted to use up. The touch of sherry added a lovely flavour and the sauce was delicious with a touch of ginger. Served it over some left over brown rice, I will be making this again, thanks for posting.
Very easy dinner to make! I doubled the sauce because I also double the amount of veggies ( I used green beans and some asparagus that needed to be cooked up). I would maybe boil the green beans a little longer, but that is just a personal preference, I don't like them crunchy!