Recipe by Katha
Found this in a wok my mom gave me. Just had to try it. Very good!!!
Top Review by Camaro Chic
Used my bumper crop of green beans to make this. Used sirloin steak and it ended up with a good tender consistency as well as a good flavor. Good recipe- thanks for sharing! Liked it a lot.
- 3⁄4 lb flank steaks or 3⁄4 lb london broil beef, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fresh string bean, cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled & minced fine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, and
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate beef in cornstarch, sherry& soy sauce about 1/2 hour.
- Cook beans in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Brown garlic& ginger.
- Add beef.
- Stir fry until color changes.
- Add beans & sugar.
- Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add dissolved corn starch mixture.
- Stir fry till thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Serves 4-6.