Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, tasty, after-work, one-dish meal.
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak, cut in strips 1/8 inch thick, 1 1/2 inches long, and 3/4 inch wide
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, separated into flowerets
- 1⁄2 carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine beef with 1/2 tsp of salt, cornstach, and 1 T. of the oil.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Cook cauliflower and carrot in boiling water for 8 minutes; drain well.
- Plunge peas into boiling water for 5 seconds: rinse with cold water and drain.
- Heat 2 T. of oil over medium-high heat in wok; Stir-fry beef 1 minute: Add sherry and cook 1 minute.
- Remove and set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat 1 T. oil to medium-high heat in wok.
- Stir-fry carrots, cauliflower and peas for 1 minute, adding the peas last.
- Add beef.
- Quickly pour in sauce mixture.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, over steamed rice.
This recipe was surprisingly delicious! It was quick and easy, and a hit with the kids. I doubled it, used ground beef instead of flank steak and served on top of jasmine rice.