Top Review by ellie_
This was a good quick week-night dinner, although I left out the chilli peppers it was a little spicy for us. Next time I will probably leave out the red peppers and then it will be perfect for us.
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, thinly sliced, stems removed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red chili peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves large garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 tablespoon red pepper, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients, pour half over beef.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Reserve remaining marinade. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
- Remove beef from marinade; discord marinade. Heat large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry (1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine pasta, spinach, water chestnuts, green onions and reserved marinade; cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; mix lightly.
- Garnish with chili peppers.