Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, thinly sliced, stems removed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red chili peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves large garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 tablespoon red pepper, crushed
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients, pour half over beef.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Reserve remaining marinade. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
- Remove beef from marinade; discord marinade. Heat large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry (1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine pasta, spinach, water chestnuts, green onions and reserved marinade; cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; mix lightly.
- Garnish with chili peppers.
This was a good quick week-night dinner, although I left out the chilli peppers it was a little spicy for us. Next time I will probably leave out the red peppers and then it will be perfect for us.
I made this recipe last night but left out the water chestnuts by mistake. My family loved it. Next time, I'll add the water chestnuts but with change nothing else. This is a quick and easy recipe.