Recipe by selvi nadarajah
Its a chinese dish,popular in malaysia.
Top Review by Skipper/Sy
This is a very fast and easy dish to make. I am sure this recipe is great with crab or lobster meat. But since I had shrimp in the refrigerator, that is what I used. The asparagus were a beautiful dark/bright green and al dente; perfect! Chinese Long Beans are a good substitute. Finally, the peanuts added a little crunch as well.
- 1 can crabmeat or 2 fresh crab, meat extracted from
- 1 1⁄2 kg green asparagus (preferrably fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons roated and coarsely chopped peanuts (skinless)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn (coursely crushed)
- sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin Asparagus,remove bottom woody parts and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Heat oil in wok till hot,add sliced garlic and fry till golden,remove from wok and keep aside for later use.
- Add in the crushed black pepper,fry for 1 minute.
- Now add Asparagus and crab meat, stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce,oyster sauce,cayenne pepper and water and cornstarch mixture,stir and let simmer for 2 minutes or until gravy start to thicken.
- Check seasoning and add more salt if necessary.
- Add 2 to 3 dashes of sesame oil,stir and dish out into serving dish.
- Garnish with roasted peanut and fried garlic.