1/3 Photos of Stir-fried Zucchini With Hoisin Sauce
From Fine Cooking #65. I love hoisin sauce so decided to try this recipe - and was so glad I did! Prep time includes slicing and salting the zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter zucchini lengthwise.
- 2Slice off the soft seed core; it's ok if some seeds remain.
- 3Arrange the zucchini, cut side up, on paper towels.
- 4Sprinkle with salt, set aside for 10 mins.
- 5Blot the zucchini quarters dry with paper towels.
- 6Cut quarters into 2 inch lengths.
- 7Mix soy sauce, hoisin, sherry and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- 8Heat a wok or large skillet over med-high heat for 1 min.
- 9Pour in canola/peanut oil; when oil starts to shimmer and ripple (very hot), add zucchini.
- 10Saute until zucchini browns and softens slightly (don't overcook- it might turn mushy), about 4 mins.
- 11Add garlic and chilli flakes, saute for about 15 sec.
- 12Add the sauce mixture, stir and cook just long enough for liquid to reduce and coat the zucchini (about 20 sec).
- 13Remove from wok, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-fried Zucchini With Hoisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 603.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g