Recipe by Shalabhanjika
My version of a recipe from a book titled Quick & Easy Korean Cooking for Everyone, via RecipeSource.com. The recipe originally called for cucumbers instead of zucchini; somehow I bought the zucchinis instead (I know, I know...) and I loved the end result, so here it is! The directions are a little vague, but I am a beginner cook and managed just fine. Enjoy over rice, with Sriracha.
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 lb lean beef (julienned or thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon other oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- shredded chili pepper, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Quickly stir-fry beef over high, and season with garlic, salt and pepper. Remove from pan/wok with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add zucchini and stir-fry briefly. Season with green onion, sesame seeds and oil, soy sauce, chili pepper, and salt.
- Return beef to pan, stir once to combine, and transfer to serving plate. Garnish with shredded chili.