Recipe by Rita~
An Adopted and tweeked recipe.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
What a great way to use up some of the zucchini in my garden. I used sesame oil and added some minced garlic and Asian seasoning. I will be making this often. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe, Rita. Made for July, 2008 Bevy Tag.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat, in very hot salad oil, cook zucchini, stirring quickly and frequently (stir-frying) until well coated.
- Add water, salt and sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; continue sit-frying 7 to 8 minutes until tender-crisp.
- VARIATION: 1/4 olive OIL, 1 LARGE CLOVE GARLIC,SLICED 6 CUPS SLICED CABBAGE, 1 t SUGAR.
- COOK GARLIC UNTIL BROWNED DISCARD AND CONTINUE WITH PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS.