These are a little time consuming to make, but are worth the effort. The first time I made this recipe, I misread the amount of chili paste and added 2 tablespoons instead of 2 teaspoons and they were very spicy-hot, LOL. We like them with about 1 tablespoon of chili paste, but if you want them milder use the 2 teaspoons listed. From Betty Crocker's New Chinese Cookbook by Leeann Chin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb medium raw shrimp (in shells)
- 2 ounces ground lean pork
- 3 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (with tops)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1Peel shrimp.
- 2Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of each shrimp; wash out vein.
- 3Chop shrimp finely.
- 4Mix shrimp, pork, water chestnuts, green onions, cornstarch, salt, sesame oil and white pepper.
- 5Place 1/2 teaspoon shrimp/pork mixture in center of won ton skin. (Cover remaining skins with plastic wrap to keep them pliable.)
- 6Fold bottom corner of won ton skin over filling to opposite corner, forming a triangle.
- 7Brush right corner (not the whole side, just the corner) of triangle with egg white; bring corners together and press to seal.
- 8Repeat with remaining won ton skins. (Cover filled won tons with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.)
- 9Heat 5 cups water to boiling in Dutch oven; add won tons.
- 10Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 11Simmer uncovered 2 minutes; drain.
- 12Immediately rinse won tons in cold water; cover with ice water to keep them from sticking together.
- 13Mix ketchup, Hoisin sauce, chili paste and soy sauce; set aside.
- 14Heat vegetable oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat; add ketchup mixture.
- 15Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 16Add won tons; cook uncovered 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Won Tons With Szechuan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g