Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
This is loosely based on a recipe from BevCooks.com - her recipe for Shrimp and corn pasta. I didn't have pasta, didn't have an orange and the kids don't like tomatoes - you see how things go around here...
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup green beans, cut small
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 270 g shrimp, raw peeled and deveined
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan or wok. Add the onion and cook until just beginning to brown - maybe 4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining veggies and stir fry until tender - another 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry until cooked - about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the zest, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir through.
- Serve over basmati or other low GI rice.