1/1 Photo of Stir Fried Veggie-Shrimp in Soy-Based Sauce (Gluten Free)
A very simple recipe. For a while I had a shrimp-craving, so I whipped up this super tasty and healthy recipe! The many vegetables bring out their delicious aroma and soak into the shrimp, giving the meal a delicate and unique taste. I like to put in a lot of ginger (I have the ginger fever), but that's just my personal taste. You can add or reduce vegetables to your liking. I reccomend not to add salt or sugar or any really strong spice. Leave it subtle. That way each vegetable can bring out the most of its delicacy. You can serve with rice, rice noodles or just eat it plain. Tastes best when served hot and fresh from the wok.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g medium shrimp, uncooked and peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1 cm strips
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced into 1 cm sticks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 300 g green beans
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced into 1 cm sticks
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into 3mm discs
- 1 piece fresh ginger, minced (5 cm x 5cm cube)
- 11. in a large wok, heat up the sesame and olive oil on medium-high heat. Be careful not to burn the oils. You can check if the oil is hot by drizzling a drop of water into the wok. If it's hot it'll sizzle.
- 22. When the oils are hot add the vegetables, garlic and ginger. Stir fry untill the vegetables are slightly tender.
- 33. When the vegetables are slightly tender, add the sauce ingredients and the shrimp to the vegetables. Continue stir frying untill the shrimp are pink and the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 44. Serve hot and fresh from the wok. The juices from the vegetables are delicious on rice or rice noodles. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Veggie-Shrimp in Soy-Based Sauce (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 815.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free soy sauce