Recipe by *Alia*
Great stir fry with a bit of a crunch. Nice with chicken added too.
Top Review by queenofeats
This was an excellent way to test out my brand new wok! I was amazed by how simple this was, and how quickly everything came together. I added some chicken strips that I marinated in soy sauce, garlic and green curry paste for a couple of hours to complete the meal and it worked out very well - not that it needed the help to begin with! I can't wait to make use of my new toy yet again, for this recipe and many others!
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice beans, mushrooms and red pepper into strips.
- In a small bowl mix ¼ cup chicken stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a wok, heat oil over high heat.
- Add beans and ginger, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and red pepper, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour cornstarch mixture over vegetables and heat till mixture boils and thickens.
- Top with croutons and serve immediately.