1/2 Photos of Stir-Fried Vegetables (Cabbage, Chinese Mushrooms, and Broccoli)
Delicious vegetarian dish. Perfect as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish to accompany meat, especially chicken. Serves 4 as part of a Chinese-style meal or 2 as a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried Chinese mushrooms (donggu or doong gwoo, similar to Japanese shittake but more earthy and smoky)
- 2 1/2 ounces broccoli florets, cut through their stems into thin slices (1 cup)
- 1 lb napa cabbage or 1 lb kale
- 2 ounces jicama, peeled & cut into 2-inch-by-1/4-inch strips
- 2 ounces bamboo shoots, drained rinsed & finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- water (if needed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Soak the mushrooms in hot water until they soften (15-20 minutes).
- 3Rinse under cold running water to remove any sand and squeeze out excess water to drain.
- 4With a sharp knife, remove the stems & discard.
- 5Finely shred the caps; set aside.
- 6Blanch broccoli in boiling water and drain.
- 7Chop cabbage into long shreds, about 1/4-inch wide.
- 8Preheat wok or large skillet over high heat until it is hot.
- 9Add oil, wait until the oil gets very hot, almost smoking (the vegetables should sizzle during the entire cooking time); add ginger and cook for 20 seconds.
- 10Add the mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, jicama, and bamboo, and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 11Add the sauce and continue to stir-fry until broccoli and cabbage are tender (3 minutes), adding about a tablespoon of water, if needed, to keep moist.
- 12Spoon onto a platter, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Vegetables (Cabbage, Chinese Mushrooms, and Broccoli)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g