Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Australian Women's Weekly, posted for World Tour 05.
Make and share this Stir Fried Vegetables and Tofu in Black Bean Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hokkien noodles
- 300 g fresh firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 (230 g) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 250 g Broccolini, chopped coarsely
- 500 g choy sum, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 1⁄2 cup black bean sauce
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Use fork to seperate noodles; drain.
- Drain tofu, cut into 12 pieces. Heat half the oil in wok and stir fry tofu in batches until lightly browned. Drain on absorbent paper, cover to keep warm.
- Heat half the remaining oil in same wok; stir fry eggplant til soft. Add carrot, capsicum and water chestnuts; stir fry until veggies are just tender and remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil; stir fry garlic and ginger til fragrant; add broccolini and choy sum; stir fry til just tender. Add noodles, sacues and eggplant mixture, stir fry til heated through. Add tofu; toss gently to combine.
Very good recipe. I love vegetables, tofu and black bean sauce! So I was sure to love this. I would strongly recommend using Ketjap Manis as you do need the "sweetener" I also used about a tsp of agave nectar to sweeten this dish up a tad. The only thing I may do different next time is sub the eggplant for sugar snap peas and/or mushrooms. Thanks for posting this was great.