Recipe by Making Stuff
From the Whole Foods weekly newsletter. Try over mango sorbet, vanilla soyurt, or whatever strikes your fancy!
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped (about 3 cups)
- salt, to taste
- 4 mangoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance whipped spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread coconut flakes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer coconut from baking sheet to a container and let cool.
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. When hot, add a teaspoon of the oil. Swirl to coat pan with oil. Add ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pineapple and a pinch of salt. Stir constantly, spreading the pineapple over the surface of the pan, for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer pineapple to a large bowl and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add the mango and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes. Transfer mango to bowl with pineapple. Add Earth Balance and toss gently until melted.