Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After a recipe from Kylie Kwong (Discovery Home)
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 1⁄2 ounces five-spice baked tofu, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon julienned gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chinese shaoxing wine or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup julienned scallion
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Cut carrot and zucchini in half lengthwise, then finely slice on the bias. Remove seeds and membranes from pepper and cut into fine julienne.
- Heat oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add carrot, tofu, onion and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add wine or sherry, zucchini, pepper and sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry for a further minute or until vegetables are just tender. Toss in scallion and sesame seeds, stir-fry for 10 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve immediately.