- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained, cut into 3/4-inch cubes, patted dry with paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps quartered
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced on diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Add tofu and stir to coat; let marinate 30 minutes. Drain, reserving marinade in small bowl. Whisk 1/4 cup water and cornstarch into marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer tofu to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Return tofu to skillet; drizzle reserved marinade mixture over. Stir-fry until marinade thickens slightly, about 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.