Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe I found on website - Food& Wine, Inspiration served daily and in turn it was adapted from Harumi's Japanese Cooking. It was so quick and delicious I'll Be making it again. Even DH who dislikes Tofu went back for seconds and pronounced it one that can be made again!! High praise indeed.
- 450 g tofu, drained and sliced into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, Asian
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bok choy, stalks separated and sliced thinly, leaves sliced and kept separate
- 150 g bean sprouts, appoximately
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock, I used an Oxo cube
- 1 dsp tahini, paste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels and drain in a strainer for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over a moderate heat until fragrant,1 minute or so. Let cool.
- In a large pan, heat the seame oil, add the tofu and stir-fry over a moderatrly high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer the tofu to a plate.
- In the same pan, hetat the vegatable oil. Add the bok choy stems and stir-fry over a moderately high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and bok choy leaves and stir fry until heated through. Stir in the tofu and tahini paste, season with the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinlke with the sesame seeds.