Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 heads broccoli, stalks removed,and cut into stems and florets
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- With a sharp knife, cut the tofu into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a glass bowl large enough to hold the tofu, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, 1 clove of the chopped garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Add the tofu and mix gently.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- In a large saute pan or wok, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the remaining clove of chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and red pepper and cook, tossing the vegetables, for 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and marinade and cook until heated through.
- Serve with steamed rice or cooked chinese noodles.
Very easy and quite tasty. I added a few onions as well. Cooking times are right on - vegetables remained nicely crisp-tender. I did marinate the tofu a little longer (25 min), so it would pick up more of the flavour.
Fantastic EASY recipe. Very healthy and fast to make.