Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe comes from Canadian Living Light and Healthy Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb tofu
- 6 green onions
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon mirin (rice wine for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (, about 1/4 lb)
- Drain tofu and weigh down to press for 30 ins.
- Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- set aside Cut onions and celery into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces.
- Cut red pepper into 1/2 inch chunks, set veggies aside.
- Stir together water, oyster sauce, cornstarch, sherry and soya sauce, set aside.
- In wok or large heavy skillet.
- Heat 1 tbls of the oil over high heat, stir-fry ginger for 30 secs, add tofu and cook stirring gently, for about 3 mins or until light brown.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer to heated platter.
- Add remaining oil to wok and heat, stir-fry mushrooms, onions,celery and red pepper for 1 min.
- Return tofu to wok, stir to mix well.
- Stir oyster sauce mixture.
- Pour into wok and cook, stirring until liquid comes to a boil and boils for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.