Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 by 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, nam pla
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute, splenda
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil, lightly packed, preferably asian style
- Combine chicken, fish sauce, soy sauce, water and sugar substitute in a bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Heat until hot but not smoking. Add green onion and stir-fry 2 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and pepper flakes and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon and add to onion mixture. Stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the marinade and stir-fry mixture 30 seconds, until liquid boils. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup basil. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining basil.