Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
I was looking for ways to cook tempeh and didn't find a lot. This was inspired by many sources. I know it looks like a lot of spices, but I've tried it with less and the tempeh is just too bland.
Top Review by baileywinston
The salt content in this recipe was just horrendous! Way too much soy sauce and none of the spices actually go together. I recommend trying out your own version of this and I'm sure it will come out better.
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb green beans, frozen, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Mix the next 9 ingredients to make a marinade.
- Pour it over the tempeh in a ziploc bag. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer. Turn it over occasionally, if you think of it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook another couple minutes.
- Add tempeh and marinade. Stir and cook a few more minutes.
- Add green beans. Cook and stir until green beans are cooked through.