Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Culinary Classics, SD Symphony Orchestra League cookbook. Chinese noodles add extra crunch.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut diagonally 1-inch long
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup blanched almond, slivered
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- chinese noodles
- Parboil beans for 4 minutes and dry them.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil to hot.
- Add ginger and almonds, stir fry 1 minute. Add beans, stir fry 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar and chicken stock and boil until liquid reduces and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at once with chinese noodles.