1/3 Photos of Stir-fried Spinach with Garlic
Gerry sans Sanddunes's Note:
"Spinach has often been regarded with disdain in the west, probably because it is usually overcooked. This is a delicious, time-honored, southern Chinese recipe. The spinach is quickly stir-fried and then seasoned. It is very simple to prepare." Ken Hom from CHINESE COOKING. (We halved this recipe last night and enjoyed it hot with Mr. Hom's FISH IN HOT AND SOUR SAUCE. Wonderful!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spinach thoroughly.
- 2Remove all stems leaving just the leaves.
- 3Heat the wok (or large frying pan) until it is VERY hot.
- 4Add the oil.
- 5When the oil it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic and salt.
- 6Stir-fry both for 10 seconds.
- 7Add the spinach and stir-fry for about 2 minutes to coat the spinach leaves thoroughly with the oil, garlic and salt.
- 8When the spinach has wilted to about one-third of its original size, add the sugar.
- 9Continue to stir-fry for another 4 minutes.
- 10Transfer to a plate and pour off any excess liquid.
- 11Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-fried Spinach with Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 729.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g