1/3 Photos of Stir-Fried Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from About.com. For the vegan option, use water or vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch julienne and then in 1/2-inch diagonal lengths (about 4 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 navel orange, zest of, cut julienne
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (or more)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion top
- 1Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a wok or large skillet that has a cover. Add orange zest, garlic, ginger, and chili paste and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add sweet potatoes and stir-fry until coated, about 30 seconds.
- 3Re-stir sauce and add to sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil, then cook, covered, over moderate heat until sweet potatoes are tender but not soft, 10 - 12 minutes.
- 4Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to sweet potatoes, stirring until thickened. Stir in scallions.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
navel oranges, zest of
chili paste with garlic