Recipe by aronsinvest
There is a restaurant near my house that serves this and this is as close as I can get. I also add a small amount of rice vinegar.
Top Review by kellilee64
Thank you for this yummy recipe! My kids even love it. Just wondering why it has to be a yellow bowl? LOL. I see you posted this a few years ago. I am surprised there are not any more ratings and reviews. Have a happy holiday season. :)
- 16 ounces edamame, frozen or 16 ounces fresh edamame, in the pod
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (Or more, if you want it hotter or 'Thai' hot. You know who you are.)
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the edamame, simmering for 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- In the meantime, mix together the soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil in a small yellow bowl and heat the canola oil on high heat in large skillet or wok. When the edamame are done, use a slotted spoon or spider to transfer them to the hot skillet. Add the garlic and a chili garlic sauce, stirring and cooking with the edamame for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl or platter with a second small bowl for the discarded pods. Enjoy warm!