Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, healthy week-day meal, very fast to put together if you have leftover spaghetti noodles on hand. I like to use Barilla Plus spaghetti... it is higher in protein than regular spaghetti and tastes so good. Whole wheat spaghetti would be good, too.
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, cut into slivers
- 1 red pepper, sliced, then cut the slices crosswise
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese sweet-hot chili sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the onion, red pepper and cabbage and stir fry on medium high heat until vegetables are brighter in color and almost tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, then add the spaghetti noodles and stir fry those for a few minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Chinese sweet-hot chili sauce and mix well. Mix in the 4 eggs and scramble them around until they are cooked.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.