Heirloom Tomato's Note:
This is a quick, healthy week-day meal, very fast to put together if you have leftover spaghetti noodles on hand. I like to use Barilla Plus spaghetti... it is higher in protein than regular spaghetti and tastes so good. Whole wheat spaghetti would be good, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into slivers
- 1 red pepper, sliced, then cut the slices crosswise
- 1/2 small green cabbage, cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese sweet-hot chili sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil in a large skillet or wok.
- 2Add the onion, red pepper and cabbage and stir fry on medium high heat until vegetables are brighter in color and almost tender.
- 3Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, then add the spaghetti noodles and stir fry those for a few minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- 4Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and Chinese sweet-hot chili sauce and mix well. Mix in the 4 eggs and scramble them around until they are cooked.
- 5Top with 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.2 mg
- Sodium 1038.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 26.4 g