Recipe by Ridgely
A great and tasty way to prepare edamame. The kids loved it and thought it was fun to eat. From Gourmet magazine.
- 1 lb frozen edamame (soybeans in shell)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon asain sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook edamame in a 5 to 6 quart pot of boiling unsalted water for 5 minutes, then drain in colander.
- Meanwhile stir together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and red-pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat wok or skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately.
- Add vegetable oil, swirling it to coat pan. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds, then add edamame and stir-fry until pods are lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and stir-fry until edamame are well coated and most of the liquid eveproated, about 1 minute. Serve.
- *Remember not to eat the pods, but soy beans inside.