1 hr 5 mins
In 'William-Sonoma: One Pot of the Day'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless beef sirloin, partially frozen (or beef tenderloin)
- 59.14 ml . toasted sesame oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml peanut oil
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 29.58 ml peeled grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, including 3 inches of green tops, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 head napa cabbage, cored and shredded (about 2 lb.)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth or 473.18 ml beef broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 226.79 g snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 340.19 g dried soba noodles
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut the beef across the grain into thin slices, then cut the slices into matchsticks.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, 1/4 cup peanut oil, and ginger.
- 3Add the beef and stir to coat evenly.
- 4Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- 5Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil.
- 6Add 2 tbsp salt and the noodles to the boiling water, stir well and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 5-7 minutes; drain the noodles.
- 7Meanwhile, in a wok or large fry pan, heat 1 tbsp peanut oil over med-high heat.
- 8Add the garlic and green onions and stir fry until lightly colored, about 1 minute.
- 9Increase heat to high, add the beef and its marinade, and stir fry until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- 10Add the cabbage and 1 1/2 cups of the broth and toss to combine.
- 11Cover, decrease heat to med-high and cook until the cabbage wilts, about 4 minutes.
- 12In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the remaining 1/2 cup broth.
- 13Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, and stir and toss to incorporate.
- 14Add the snow peas, stir and toss to combine, cover, and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- 15Take care not to overcook; the snow peas and cabbage should remain crisp.
- 16Add the noodles to the pan and stir and toss until well combined.
- 17Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds, and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Soba Noodles With Beef and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.6
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 2126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: