Recipe by Manami
Have had this recipe for quite awhile and even after we made it, I didn't post it. We enjoyed this dish very much. What can be bad about it? It has shrimp, water chestnuts and snow peas - yummy!!!
- 1 lb fresh shrimp (medium to large) or 1 lb frozen shrimp, cleaned, peeled and halved lengthwise (medium to large)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- oil, for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, stems and strings removed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄2 teaspoon stock
- steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with salt, add wine or sherry and marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Drain shrimp; reserve marinade.
- Heat large skillet or wok over high heat; add oil.
- Add ginger & crushed red pepper, stir-fry until fragrant, and add shrimp.
- Stir-fry until shrimp are mostly opaque (2 to 4 minutes, depending on size).
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry until just heated through.
- Add reserved marinade, soy sauce and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook until liquid thickens.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by steamed rice.