Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Good Food Magazine October 1988. On the table in 30 minutes or less.
Make and share this Stir-Fried Shrimp With Lemon Sauce & Scallion Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 small slice lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 8 ounces thin green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red bell pepper
- 6 ounces capellini or 6 ounces vermicelli, broken in half
- Crush 1 clove garlic through press and combine with 1 t. soy sauce, 1/2 t. sesame oil, pepper flakes, and shrimp in bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Put large pot of water on to boil for noodles.
- Mix remaining 1 T. soy sauce, 1/2 t. sesame oil, the lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch in small bowl. Heat wok or large heavy skillet over high heat. Add peanut oil. Lightly crush remaining garlic and peel.
- Salt water and add noodles to boiling water; cook according to package directions, about 6 minutes.
- Add peeled garlic to oil with 3/4 of the scallions, zest, and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove garlic. Add green beans and stir-fry until barely tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; stir-fry until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain noodles well; transfer to serving bowl and mix with 1 T. Oriental sesame oil and 1.4 of the scallions; toss well.
- Add shrimp with marinade to wok; stir-fry just until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 20 seconds. Serve over noodles.
Made for the Think Pink 2013 Cancer Awareness tag game and I followed the instructions completely only cutting in half for DH and I. We enjoyed it very much and anyone could add or delete any vegetable that they need to use or like. Next time I will add some water chestnuts and more onion/garlic. Thank you for posting.
This made a marvellous and quickly prepared supper for DH and I, we enjoyed this very much. I omitted the mushrooms, and forgot the lemon zest, but otherwise, as directed! I was generous with the pepper flakes, enjoying that slight bite with the sharp lemon. A real treat on a mid week night! Thank you Jackie! Made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag.
The flavours in this are really nice, I like the way the two parts of the sauce come together, very tasty. The only complaint around the table was that the noodles were too plain....not enough sauce. So on it's own, it's a great stir fry, but the noodles weren't a huge hit. I love the lemon combo in this though, so I'll just make more sauce next time. Thanks Jackie!