Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this from Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Heat the canola oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic and ginger, stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, celery and sesame oil and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, stir fry til shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
A very tasty stir-fry! I also used less oil, but left everything else the same. I bet it would be great with chicken, beef or pork too! Thanks for posting, Nemokitty.
Loved this stirfry! I used about half the sesame oil specified, otherwise made as directed. The ginger flavor really came through; we like spicy and I loved the addition of the red pepper flakes. I think this would be great with chicken as well as shrimp. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is so good. I omitted the celery cause I don't like when it's still crispy and I was afraid it would be because that the cooking time is not a lot. It was great even without the celery. I omitted the red pepper flakes because of my son. Thanks Nemokitty :) Made for Holiday tag