Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light, Jan/Feb 2009. This has 3 points per 1/2 cup serving for those of you using Weight Watchers.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, in 1 inch slice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Whisk together the first six ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add canola to the pan.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute or until shrimp begin to pinken.
- Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in broth mixture and cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in onions and sesame oil.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.