Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This I posted as requested. I myself love thai food. And my DH loves it more. You can use any squid, shell fish, beef or chicken. Slice the meat thin for quick cooking if using the meat or chicken. Make it as spicy as you like. This is a fast cooking recipe. Serve with Jasmine rice or noodles.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -2 chile, sliced on an angle
- 4 -6 basil leaves
- In large saucepan, heat oil on medium low, saute onion, peppers, garlic.
- Add curry paste, stir well.
- Add shrimp stirring.
- Add fish sauce and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes then add basil leaves Remove from stove, serve with rice.
mmmmm this was gooooood. i really enjoyed this. loved the flavor. sub. frozen green beens for the bell pepper and dried basil insted of fresh since that's all i had. also omitted the chile since i didn't have that either but still came out really flavorful. for 1lb of shrimp tho next time i'll double the sauce. thanks for sharing! will go in my favorites file! =)
We loved this!! I doubled the sauce, and I'm glad I did. Used green curry paste instead of red because that's what I have, and used green beans instead of green peppers. I threw some minced shallot in there also. I will definitly make this again...maybe with chicken next time. Thanks for a great recipe!!
My family loved these. I added some extra hot thai chilies to kick it up a bit. Thanks for posting.