Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Cambodian recipe known as Pakon char ping pos khieu. You will be surprised to fine there is nothing weird in it. Very easy to make and just delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced (use large ones)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine water with oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil, garlic, onion, shrimp, and green tomato slices.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until the shrimp are opaque and pink (the sauce will thicken).
- Season with pepper.
- Serve with hot white rice as desired.