Recipe by Busy Bee
This recipe came from Darlene Dixon. She does a recipe column in the Wright Co. Drummer. This recipe is quick and easy. I also added onion and mushrooms. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers and carrot into julienne strips.
- Heat oil in stir fry pan or skillet.
- Add vegetables and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add to stir fry.
- Bring to a boil and cook for another 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- May add broccoli and cauliflower if desired.
- I added onion and mushrooms.