Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A good side dish to go with grilled fish.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (2-inch piece)
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (mildly hot)
- 12 ounces savoy cabbage, shredded
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, wine, and sugar; set aside.
- Heat a wok until hot; add in the oils, then the ginger and chili; stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Toss in the cabbage and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture; stir-fry 1 minute; season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.