Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From WW Simply Delicious. Per 1/2 c. serving: 50 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 1 point.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby bok choy, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over med-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Add the oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper; stir-fry until fragrant--about 30 seconds.
- ADd in the bok choy; cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch; bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Came out perfectly!! Loved the sesame oil! Only 1 pt per serving on weight watchers! Omitted ginger because we just don't happen to like that. Came out great without it though! Also used veggie broth instead of chicken. Reheated great for lunch the next day!
Wow this was delicios.I wished I had doubled the recipe it was so enjoyed.Thanks for posting.
Spicy,but I thought it was very soggy and too salty despite the reduced sodium soy sause. One may want to cut down on a soy sause a bit. I followed the recipie exactly and my sauce did not thicken up at all. I doubt I will make it again,but thanks for posting