Recipe by Chef Christine
Asian salad with a lot of flavor.
Top Review by horseplay
Christine, I must apologise, but I kind of mutilated your recipe. Cabbage and I have a hate/hate relationship, so I made the beef as you said and served it over rice, tossed with the sauce that was supposed to be for the salad. It worked out just fine though, and the beef was great. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (8 cups)
- 2 carrots, coursely grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 cup whole cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sesame oil, soy sauce, 1 tbs.
- of the hoisin sauce, and the cornstarch in a large bowl; add steak and stir to coat.
- Let stand while you make the salad.
- Whisk together remaining hoisin sauce, 1 tbs.
- of the vegetable oil, and the lime zest, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl; stir in cabbage, carrots, scallions, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Heat 1 tbs.
- of the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add half the steak and stir-fry 4 minutes; repeat with remaining vegetable oil and steak.
- Serve stir-fried steak over cabbage mixture.