Recipe by granny franny #2
An oriental flavor gives this asparagus a different twist.
Top Review by nkoprince08
This is a great tasting, simple asparagus recipe...this was my first time making asparagus in a skillet and I was very impressed by how it turned out. I love the taste of the sesame oil...yummy :) This will definitely be a recipe I will make again, thanks for posting!!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch long pieces
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir soy sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add soy mixture and toss until asparagus is coated, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.