Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
An oriental flavor gives this asparagus a different twist.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch long pieces
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Stir soy sauce and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add soy mixture and toss until asparagus is coated, about 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
This is a great tasting, simple asparagus recipe...this was my first time making asparagus in a skillet and I was very impressed by how it turned out. I love the taste of the sesame oil...yummy :) This will definitely be a recipe I will make again, thanks for posting!!
This is my husbands favorite asparagus dish. It comes from the August 2000 issue of Bon Appetit. Quick and easy and full of a lot of flavor. If you like the flavor of sesame you should definately try this. Thanks for posting it!
This recipe was very easy to make. I'd maybe try this again without the sugar. Roasting this might bring out more flavor. Made for *My Three Chefs* 2008 my Theme: * Asparagus*