Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy, and delicious! I love asparagus and usually just roast it with olive oil and kosher salt. However, I cook it so often in the spring that my family starts to tire of eating it the same way, so I must look for other ways to prepare it. We really enjoyed it cooked this way. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs thin asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch-long pieces
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds (preferably toasted)
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes (mine took longer).
- Add soy mixture and toss about 1 minute longer, until asparagus is coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Gayla, superb asparagus!!!! Crisp but tender..and the seasonings were just right. Thanks for posting this terrific recipe.
A very good recipe, my youngest son could have eaten the whole skillet full himself. My sesame seeds weren't toasted, so I just tossed them in when I sauted the garlic and browned them too. It's an excellent side to broiled or baked fish.