Recipe by AmandaInOz
Quick and easy meal. Serve with two cups of steamed chopped cabbage.
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
This didn't work for us the first time I tried it - didn't have lime leaves and used full amount of Italian basil leaves. But the recipe was promising, so checked with the author for advice (thanks, Amanda) and came back to try again. Used a bit of lime zest in place of lime leaves, and scaled the italian basil WAY down. The result was very tasty. I think a bit of hot chili flakes or a little sesame oil might make it even better, but as written, very nice. Diane
- 226.79 g fresh scallops
- 29.58 ml oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh lime leaves, cut into thin strips
- 118.29 ml dried Chinese mushrooms
- 59.14 ml bamboo shoot, shredded
- 44.37 ml oyster sauce
- 15 sweet basil (Thai)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rise scallops and score diagonally.
- In a wok, heat oil, garlic and lime leaves on high heat until oil bubbles.
- Add scallops, mushrooms, bamboo shoots and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until scallops are cooked.
- Mix in basil and serve on a bed of steamed cabbage.