1/2 Photos of Stir-Fried Savoy Cabbage and Confit D' Oignon-Onion Marmalade
French Tart's Note:
A delectable, quick & very easy recipe to perk up cabbage! Stir frying the cabbage keeps it crisp & crunchy as well as keeping it's vibrant green colour. I devised this recipe to accompany fairly rich foods, but without having to boil the cabbage to oblivion! Even people who say they are not fond of cabbage love this recipe. I have added the Confit D'Oignon (Onion Marmalade) to give it an extra kick - plus, they go so well together too! If you don't need the cabbage to be vegetarian, you could also add crisply fried lardons or bacon to this - it tastes & smells wonderful! Here is my recipe for Confit D' Oignon - French Onion Marmalade
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim the cabbage, removing the very tough centre heart if necessary.
- 2Separate the leaves, and shred very finely.
- 3In a wok or pan, heat up the butter over a high heat, until just melting & bubbling - add the cabbage and stir around thoroughly.
- 4Lower the heat a bit, and place a lid on the wok/pan.
- 5Cook for about 2 minutes with the lid on.
- 6Remove the lid, add the Confit d'Oignon and stir well. Keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes, until eveything is well mixed and the cabbage is just starting to wilt slightly - BUT still retains it's colour & crunch.
- 7Take off the heat, season well with ground black pepper & serve immediately.
- 9Fry some lardons or bacon in the wok/pan until crispy, drain off the excess fat and then add the cabbage and confit d'oignon as above. Butter is not needed for this method.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Savoy Cabbage and Confit D' Oignon-Onion Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: