Made this tonight for my sis and I and we really enjoyed it. It's on the hot/spicy side and has a wonderful flavor combination. The Andouille sausage adds an additional spice/smoky flavor that we loved. This can be put together and on the table in about 30 minutes. Serve this over rice or whole wheat spaghetti or just by itself.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, strips (about 1 red bell pepper)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin 1-2 inch strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cooked smoked andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (Johnsonville brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- hot cooked rice (optional) or cooked whole wheat spaghetti (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil.
- Add cut sausage and cook until browned on both sides (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels,.
- Heat the last tsp oil and 2 tsp curry paste in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, pepper, carrots, onion and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Stir-fry 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and water chestnuts and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add sausage and the remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Cook until sausage is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta or eat by itself.
Really delicious! I halved the recipe, used low sodium teriyaki sauce, and used all but 1/2 tsp of the red curry paste. I found that I should have halved that as well:) It was very spicy that way, but still delicious. I served it over rice. Next time I will up the broccoli just a little...I thought the carrots and red bell pepper dominated the dish, and it would look nice with a little more "green". Thanks so much for sharing this yummy recipe. Made for 123 Hits Tag.
Nice to add a reliable and super-delicious, spicy sausage stir-fry to my repertoire. This one is so easy, I'll be making it often. I used reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce and served it over jasmine rice.
I served this to my mother and scaled it down to one serving. I added some celery to the veggie mixture and my mom really loved this. Served this over some brown rice for a great meal for my mother.