Recipe by ~Nimz~
Made this tonight for my sis and I and we really enjoyed it. It's on the hot/spicy side and has a wonderful flavor combination. The Andouille sausage adds an additional spice/smoky flavor that we loved. This can be put together and on the table in about 30 minutes. Serve this over rice or whole wheat spaghetti or just by itself.
Top Review by breezermom
Really delicious! I halved the recipe, used low sodium teriyaki sauce, and used all but 1/2 tsp of the red curry paste. I found that I should have halved that as well:) It was very spicy that way, but still delicious. I served it over rice. Next time I will up the broccoli just a little...I thought the carrots and red bell pepper dominated the dish, and it would look nice with a little more "green". Thanks so much for sharing this yummy recipe. Made for 123 Hits Tag.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, strips (about 1 red bell pepper)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin 1-2 inch strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cooked smoked andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (Johnsonville brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- hot cooked rice (optional) or cooked whole wheat spaghetti (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil.
- Add cut sausage and cook until browned on both sides (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels,.
- Heat the last tsp oil and 2 tsp curry paste in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, pepper, carrots, onion and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Stir-fry 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and water chestnuts and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add sausage and the remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Cook until sausage is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta or eat by itself.