Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Light Bites" Note: Prep time includes 20 minutes for salmon to be left standing -- see first direction.
- 450 g salmon fillets
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 50 ml chicken stock or 50 ml fish stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 75 g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly shredded mint
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- cooked noodles
- Wipe and skin the salmon fillet and remove any pin bones. Slice into 1 inch strips, place on a plate and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 20 minutes then pat dry with paper towels and reserve.
- Dice bacon (small dice).
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the oil and when hot, add the bacon and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden. Push to one side and add the strips of salmon. Stir-fry gently fir 2 minutes or until the flesh is opaque.
- Pour the chicken or fish stock, soy sauce and Chinese rice wine or sherry into the wok, then stir in the sugar, peas and freshly shredded mint.
- Blend the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water to form a smooth paste and stir into the sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened and smooth.
- Serve immediately with hot noodles.